Randolph Police Department Arrests and Charges Man Who Allegedly Robbed Bank

RANDOLPH — Chief William Pace reports that the Randolph Police Department has arrested and charged a man who allegedly robbed a local bank earlier this month. 

LOUIS ANTHONY MAYS, AGE 65, OF DORCHESTER, is charged with one count of Armed Robbery while Masked. MAYS is known to police.

On Friday, Oct. 9 at approximately 2:55 p.m., officers responded to Envision Bank, located at 129 N. Main St., for a bank alarm and reports of a robbery. 

Upon arrival, officers spoke to employees of the bank and learned that there were two men involved in the robbery. Through a subsequent investigation, in conjunction with the FBI Bank Robbery Task Force, police determined that one of the suspects, later identified as MAYS, allegedly brandished a firearm and demanded money from the teller. MAYS was given an undisclosed amount of cash before both suspects fled from the bank. 

No injuries were reported in the incident.

Police obtained a warrant for MAYS‘ arrest on Thursday, Oct. 15. MAYS was taken into custody without incident at his Dorchester apartment on Friday, Oct. 16, with the assistance of Boston Police and members of the FBI Bank Robbery Task Force.

MAYS was arraigned Friday, Oct. 16 in Quincy District Court.

The second suspect is still being sought by police. He is described as a male, 30-40 years old, approximately 6 feet tall with a slim build. Anyone with information on the second suspect is asked to call the Randolph Police Department at 781-963-1212.

These are allegations. All suspects are considered innocent until proven guilty.

###

Randolph Police Make Arrest in June Gas Station Shooting

RANDOLPH — Chief William Pace reports that the Randolph Police Department arrested and charged a man who shot another man in a gas station parking lot in June.

ANTONE JEREMIAH MESSIAH, AGE 28, of BROCKTON was charged with:

  • Assault to Murder
  • Discharging a Firearm within 500 Feet of a Dwelling
  • Carrying a Firearm Without a License

At approximately 2:20 a.m. on June 16, Randolph Police responded to 1370 North Main St., Shell gas station, for a report of a man lying on the floor of the Seasons convenience store after being shot.

The 28-year-old Raynham man was treated by Randolph Fire Department paramedics and was taken by ambulance to a Boston hospital with non-life threatening injuries. The victim was shot once in the midsection.

Witnesses told police that the victim was shot in the parking lot and then walked into the store to seek help.

Through the subsequent investigation, Randolph Police detectives determined that MESSIAH was the man who allegedly shot the victim.

At approximately 12:30 a.m. today, MESSIAH was arrested at his home in Brockton with the assistance of the Brockton Police Department. He was taken into custody by Brockton Police on unrelated charges.

“This was great work by our detectives in thoroughly investigating this incident and identifying and arresting the suspect,” Chief Pace said. “This was a targeted act of violence and we will not tolerate gun violence in our community.”

These are allegations. All suspects are innocent until proven guilty.

 

###

Randolph Police Arrest and Charge Driver that Fled from Braintree Officers at South Shore Plaza Monday Night

Randolph Police Chief William Pace and Braintree Police Chief Mark Dubois report that the Randolph Police Department arrested and charged a man who fled from officers in Braintree at South Shore Plaza Monday night.

WESLEY GOODMAN, AGE 20, OF RANDOLPH, was charged by Randolph Police with:

  • Failure to Stop for Police
  • Negligent Operation of a Motor Vehicle
  • Operation of a Motor Vehicle with a Suspended License
  • Operation of an Unregistered Motor Vehicle
  • Operation of an Uninsured Motor Vehicle
  • Number Plate Violation, Attaching Plates
  • Unlawful Possession of Fireworks

Additionally, GOODMAN is facing the following charges from the Briantree Police Department:

  • Failure to Stop for Police
  • Speeding
  • Failure to Stop at a Stop Sign (Two Counts)
  • Operating to Endanger
  • Malicious Destruction of Property Over $250

The incident is still under investigation by Braintree Police and GOODMAN is likely to face additional charges.

A demonstration about the death of George Floyd had been planned at the mall Monday night, June 1, but was cancelled after Braintree Police received reports that there were plans for looting to take place. There was a large police presence at the mall and anyone on the property after 7 p.m., after the last store closed, without a legitimate reason to be there would be asked to leave and potentially faced trespassing charges if they refused to do so.

At approximately 7:15 p.m.Braintree Police attempted to pull over a vehicle after the driver was the speeding in the area of the mall parking lot, going approximately 40 miles per hour in a 15 mile per hour zone.

After refusing to stop and fleeing from officers, the driver of a gray Nissan Altima, later identified as GOODMAN, drove his vehicle through a wooded area and fence abutting the Flaherty Elementary School property in order to flee from police.

Braintree officers called off their brief pursuit and notified area police departments to be on the lookout for the vehicle, which had sustained front-end damage, had its rear bumper hanging off and had a flat tire as a result of driving through the wooded area.

At approximately 7:30 p.m., a Randolph Police officer on patrol on North Main Street observed a gray Nissan Altima with heavy damage, matching the description given by Braintree Police.

The officer pulled behind the vehicle and activated his siren and lights and attempted to stop the driver. GOODMAN allegedly refused to stop and drove through a red light at the intersection of North Main Street and Scanlon Drive.

GOODMAN continued to flee down North Main Street, swerving around other vehicles. Officers pursued GOODMAN as he traveled into Avon onto Harrison Boulevard and eventually onto Route 24 Northbound.

Once on the highway, GOODMAN began to slow down due to the front right tire being down to the rim. Several State Police troopers joined in on the pursuit and were able to box in GOODMAN’S vehicle just after Exit 20B in the breakdown lane where he came to stop.

GOODMAN was placed under arrest without further incident. After detaining and speaking with three passengers in the vehicle, a male and two females, it was determined that GOODMAN was acting on his own and the others were released.

In a search of the vehicle, officers located a large amount of fireworks in the trunk, which were seized by police.

These are allegations. All suspects are innocent until proven guilty.

###

Randolph Police Make Arrest in Monday Night Shooting

RANDOLPH — Chief William Pace reports that the Randolph Police Department arrested and charged a man who shot another man Monday night, March 10.

JASON MUKORO, AGE 23, OF RANDOLPH was charged with:

  • Attempted Murder
  • Carrying a Firearm Without a License
  • Discharging a Firearm Within 500 Feet of a Building
  • Assault with a Dangerous Weapon (Firearm)
  • Possession with Intent to Distribute a Class B Drug (Cocaine)

At approximately 4:50 p.m. on Monday, police responded to the area of 10 and 15 Ward St. for a report of a shooting.

A 28-year-old Randolph man was located at the scene and was transported by a Randolph Fire Department ambulance to a local hospital. He suffered multiple gunshot wounds in the back and his injuries are not believed to be life-threatening.

MUKORO fled from the scene on foot. Through the subsequent investigation, it was determined that MUKORO was the man who shot the victim.

MUKORO was arrested near his home without incident Monday night. Police obtained a search warrant to search his home and located and seized the clothes he wore during the shooting and 10.2 grams of cocaine. No weapons were found in the search.

MUKORO is expected to be arraigned Tuesday in Quincy District Court.

These are allegations. All suspects are innocent until proven guilty.

###

Randolph Police Arrest Suspect in String of Vandalism Incidents

RANDOLPH – Chief William Pace reports that the Randolph Police Department arrested a man Friday night after he allegedly shot and broke the window of a bank with a BB gun.

Police responded at 9:02 p.m. Friday to a window break alarm at the Bank of Canton at 67 North Main St. Upon arrival, police found that a window of the building had been broken.

An investigation by police lead to a local restaurant parking lot where CHAD BORNSTEIN, 39, OF RANDOLPH was located. The investigation uncovered a BB gun and BORNSTEIN was placed under arrest and detained.

BORNSTEIN has been charged with Malicious Damage to Property Over $1,200.

Police requested and obtained a search warrant Friday at approximately 11:20 p.m. to search a Nelson Drive residence, where the investigation continued.

Further investigation by Randolph Police detectives has lead to BORNSTEIN being suspected in several additional vandalism and property damage incidents in town in recent months. Since Jan. 9, there have been more than 20 similar incidents of property damage in the North Main Street area.

Additional charges are likely to be added. This incident remains under investigation by Randolph Police detectives.

BORNSTEIN is being held on $1,000 bail, and is expected to be arraigned Monday at Quincy District Court.

“This case was brought to a conclusion through the collaboration and teamwork of our patrol and detective divisions,” Chief Pace said.  “Most of all, I am very relieved that this will hopefully bring an end to the property damage that our business community has endured over the past two months.”

No one was injured Friday night, or in any of the prior incidents involving malicious damage to property.

These are allegations. All suspects are innocent until proven guilty.

###

Randolph Police Arrest Man for Unarmed Robbery


For Immediate Release

RANDOLPH — Chief William Pace reports that the Randolph Police Department arrested a man earlier today for allegedly assaulting and robbing an elderly man.

DEMETRIUS JAMES, AGE 29, OF RANDOLPH is charged with:

  • Assault and Battery on a Person Over 65
  • Unarmed Robbery

At 10:40 a.m., Randolph Police received a report from an Uber driver on North Street who stated she observed an elderly man being assaulted by another man.

The driver was able to give police a description of the suspect, and officers immediately began searching the area.

Police arrived on scene and located the victim, a 74-year-old Randolph man, who had suffered injuries to his face and reported being robbed of his wallet and keys. He was transported via ambulance to an area hospital.

A short time later, a resident who heard the description of the suspect on the scanner called police and reported they saw someone matching the description running through their backyard.

Police set up a perimeter of the area and were able to locate JAMES near the Lindwood Cemetery on North Street — less than a quarter mile away from where the altercation took place.

Following an on scene investigation, JAMES was placed under arrest. He was transported and booked at the Randolph Police Department, where he is being held on $5,000 cash bail.

These are allegations. All suspects are innocent until proven guilty.

###

Randolph Police Arrest and Charge Man in Shooting

Randolph Police Department
William Pace, Police Chief
41 South Main St.
Randolph, MA 02368

For Immediate Release

Monday, Jan. 21, 2019

Contact: Benjamin Paulin
Phone: 781-428-3299
Email: [email protected]

Randolph Police Arrest and Charge Man in Shooting

RANDOLPH — Chief William Pace reports that the Randolph Police Department is actively investigating a shooting on South Main Street Monday night and have placed a man under arrest.

EROLW POPE-FOSTER, AGE 25, OF ANDOVER was arrested and charged with:

  • Armed Assault to Murder
  • Assault with a Dangerous Weapon
  • Carrying a Loaded Firearm without a License
  • Discharging a Firearm Within 500 Feet of a Dwelling or Building

At approximately 4 p.m., Randolph Police responded to an apartment complex at 625 South Main St. for a report of shots fired.

Through an on-scene investigation officers determined that two shots were allegedly fired by POPE-FOSTER. A revolver was recovered at the scene by police and was seized as evidence.

The initial investigation indicates that the incident occurred because of an argument regarding a car sale. The victim, a Woburn man, met POPE-FOSTER through the OfferUp smart phone application. The victim was selling a car through the app.

The two met at the Randolph apartment complex and began to argue over the price of the car and an altercation broke out between the two. The victim fell to the ground and POPE-FOSTER allegedly pulled out a handgun and fired it twice at the victim, missing him.

Police responded and located POPE-FOSTER hiding in the rear of one of the apartment buildings. He was placed under arrest without further incident.

The revolver was found under a truck in the parking lot and was wrapped in a rag.

The victim suffered cuts on his hands from the ice when he fell to the ground and ran to the nearby Avon Fire station for help.

The incident remains under active investigation and no further information is available at this time.

Anyone with information about this incident is asked to call Randolph Police at 781-963-1212.

These are allegations. All suspects are innocent until proven guilty.

###

Randolph Police Arrest Two for Larceny After Alleged Real Estate Schemes

Randolph Police Department
William Pace, Police Chief
41 South Main St.
Randolph, MA 02368

For Immediate Release

Thursday, Nov. 8, 2018

Contact: Benjamin Paulin
Phone: 781-428-3299
Email: [email protected]

Randolph Police Arrest Two for Larceny After Alleged Real Estate Schemes

RANDOLPH — Chief William Pace reports that a man and a woman were arrested after a Randolph Police Department investigation into a series of real estate schemes in which unsuspecting people were allegedly placed into “rentals” by the suspects, who did not own the properties in question.

RICARDO “RICK” BERNARD, AGE 47, OF MILTON and KATYA MAGNI, AGE 31, OF BROCKTON were arrested on Wednesday and charged with two counts of Breaking and Entering and five counts of Larceny over $1,200.

The charges originate from an investigation that showed that the suspects would allegedly locate foreclosed properties, illegally gain entry to them and then place unsuspecting people into the properties as rental tenants.

The suspects also allegedly tricked individuals into signing over distressed property deeds for $1, under the false promise that BERNARD would make repairs and/or remove the homes from foreclosure. The property would then be sold, and Bernard was the recipient of any profit after satisfying the bank lien. There are multiple properties in Randolph where this is alleged to have occurred.

Any person who is either renting a property from BERNARD or has had real estate interaction with him or MAGNI is encouraged to contact Detective Marc Abramson with the Randolph Police Department at 781-963-1212.

These are allegations. All suspects are innocent until proven guilty.

###

Randolph Police Arrest Two Juveniles Following Fight Outside High School

Randolph Police Department
William Pace, Police Chief
41 South Main St.
Randolph, MA 02368

For Immediate Release

Monday, Sept. 17, 2018

Contact: Benjamin Paulin
Phone: 781-428-3299
Email: [email protected]

Randolph Police Arrest Two Juveniles Following Fight Outside High School

RANDOLPH — Chief William Pace reports that the Randolph Police Department arrested two juveniles after a fight outside Randolph High School that resulted in injuries to a Randolph Police officer who was responding to calls about the fight in progress.

A JUVENILE MALE, AGE 16, OF RANDOLPH was charged with:

  • Assault and Battery on a Police Officer (Four Counts)
  • Disorderly Conduct
  • Resisting Arrest

A second JUVENILE MALE, AGE 16, OF RANDOLPH was charged with:

  • Assault and Battery
  • Resisting Arrest
  • Interfering with a Police Officer

The teens will be arraigned in Quincy Juvenile Court on Tuesday. Their identities will not be released due to their age.

Shortly after 2 p.m. today, Sgt. Robert LeGrice responded to Randolph High School, 70 Memorial Parkway, for a report of multiple youths fighting in front of the school at dismissal.

Sgt. LeGrice arrived on scene and attempted to the break up the fighting and was pushed to the ground. Additional officers responded and subsequently arrested the two suspects who were allegedly involved in the fighting.

Sgt. LeGrice, a 30-year veteran of the department, was treated and released at a local hospital.

The investigation into the incident remains active and ongoing and additional charges could be brought forth against others involved in the fight.

###

Randolph Police Charge Man with Propositioning Teenage Girl for Prostitution

Randolph Police Department
William Pace, Police Chief
41 South Main St.
Randolph, MA 02368

For Immediate Release

Thursday, June 28, 2018

Contact: Benjamin Paulin
Phone: 781-428-3299
Email: [email protected]

Randolph Police Charge Man with Propositioning Teenage Girl for Prostitution

RANDOLPH — Chief William Pace reports that the Randolph Police Department has arrested and charged a man who allegedly propositioned a 16-year-old girl, offering her cash in exchange for sexual acts.

GLENN EVERETT, AGE 55, OF MIDDLEBOROUGH, was charged with Engaging in Sexual Conduct for a Fee with a Child Under Age 18. He is expected to be arraigned today in Quincy District Court.

At approximately 6 p.m. on Thursday, June 21, a 16-year-old girl walked into the Randolph Police station lobby to report an incident that had happened a short time earlier at a bus stop on North Main Street. The girl told police that while she was waiting for the bus, a man, later identified as EVERETT, walked up to her and began talking to her.

EVERETT allegedly propositioned the girl, offering her cash in exchange for sexual acts. She refused. He allegedly continued to pester her and ask her questions before she eventually walked away and attempted to cross the street.

At that time EVERETT walked back to his car and left the area.

Using her cell phone, the victim was able to take a photo of the man who approached her. She provided that photo to police, and through the subsequent investigation over the past several days, EVERETT was identified as the suspect. He was arrested Wednesday without incident.

Chief Pace praised the bravery of the victim in this case.

“The girl was very brave to walk away and even take a picture of the man who approached her, so that perhaps another young girl will not have to go through this same ordeal,” Chief Pace said.

These are allegations. All suspects are innocent until proven guilty.

###