William Pace, Police Chief
41 South Main St.
Randolph, MA 02368
For Immediate Release
Wednesday, March 1, 2017
Contact: John Guilfoil
*Media Advisory* Randolph Police to Host Open House in Newly Remodeled Police Station
RANDOLPH — Chief William Pace is pleased to announce that the Randolph Police Department will host an open house to showcase the newly remodeled police station to the public.
Sunday, March 12 from 12-3 p.m.
Rededication Speech at 12:15 p.m.
K-9 Demonstration at 2 p.m.
Randolph Police Station, 41 South Main St.
- Randolph Police Department
- State Representatives
- Town Council President Ken Clifton
- Town Manager David Murphy
The event will include a ribbon cutting ceremony, rededication speech by Chief Pace, and guided tours of the newly renovated police station, which underwent construction starting in December 2015.
The event is free, open to the public, and family friendly. The department will host a variety of activities for children, including:
- Games: Solve a Crime, Pin the Badge on the Officer, Water Balloon Toss and more, with prizes for each winner.
- “Touch-A-Truck:” Representatives and vehicles from the Randolph Police and Fire Departments, Massachusetts State Police Department Air Wing (weather permitting), and Norfolk County Sheriff’s Department are scheduled to attend. Children will be able to get up close, go inside, and take pictures with each vehicle and its operator.
- Superheroes: Meet Larry the Therapy Dog, and his superhero friends! Superman, Wonder Woman, Spider Man, Batman, Captain America and Iron Man are scheduled to stop by.
K-9 Rando and Randolph PD Officer Stephen Morse, along with other department K-9 teams, will conduct a demonstration at 2 p.m.
Hot dogs, cupcakes and other refreshments will be provided.
“Our officers have diligently worked under hectic, ever-changing conditions during the past year’s construction,” Chief Pace said. “We are pleased to unveil our new police station and look forward to sharing the new facility with our friends, neighbors, and community members.”